The Parish Office will be closed Thursday and Friday, November 26 and 27 in observance of Thanksgiving.
The annual Christ Child Shower at St. Leander will take place December 5 and 6. This is an opportunity to share your Christmas giving outside of your family with those less fortunate. The St. Vincent de Paul Society will distribute the gifts to the families in our parish area along with the Christmas food boxes.
- For children: Gifts of toys, books and games.
- For teenagers: Soaps, lotions, shampoo, nail polish, jewelry, CD’s, gloves, candy and gift cards.
Gifts are especially needed for boys ages 1 to 16. We ask that NO clothes be given.
Please place your UNWRAPPED gift in a gift bag and bring to the weekend masses on December 5 and 6 or to “Breakfast with Santa” in Ryan O’Connell Hall on December 6th. Thank you for your generosity.
- Tuesday, December 8, 2015
- (Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary)
- 5:30 p.m. in the Church
Fifty nine parishioners will represent the beads in the Living Rosary and grouped into five for the five decades. Those who speak English, Portuguese, Spanish, Filipino, Italian, German, French, Greek, Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese, Nigerian, etc. are invited to participate. Please write your name and phone number on the sign up sheet in the vestibule.
For details call: Frank Mamerto @ 510-567-3121, Chris Fleming 510-969-4854, Juliet Ramirez @ 510-823-448 7 or Edith Borbon @ 510-962-0150. Sponsored by Knights of Columbus Council #16028.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday – 9:30 a.m. in the Ethnic Center Between the church and the rectory
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. In the basement of the main school 451 Davis Street
- Friday 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. In the basement of the main school
- Saturday 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. In the basement of the main school
St. Leander Parishioners, once again with your help, the St. Leander Conference of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul will distribute Thanksgiving food boxes to the needy living in our parish boundaries. We are in need of instant mashed potatoes, stuffing/dressing, canned yams, gravy, broth, Jello, corn muffin mix, and cranberry sauce. Boxes will be distributed on Tuesday, November 24th, from 10:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. in Ryan O’Connell Hall. Sign-ups for the Thanksgiving food boxes will be taken from November 10th through the 20th or until our limit of 75 boxes is reached. Please call (510) 895- 5631 to sign up. St. Leander Conference Society of St. Vincent de Paul